Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Design First!

I found guilty (all my team mates too) for not documenting the design specifications prior to start coding. What we believed is this documentation is an additional burden as well as a time consuming task when we have to meet tight deadlines. So what we did was first do the code and then update the design docs :-) The top guy @ my office reproached us for the consecutive second time on this as I was unable to hide the truth at a weekly meeting held yesterday. Even though I wanted to be inline with these procedures I had certain facts against.

If you are anything like me, you too love to get your sleves rolled up and race into the coding. But its better to stop! Taking time to think through the design process will save you some serious heartache in the long term. That’s what my boss says and that what the truth is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gud for your BOSS!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home